Friday, March 26, 2010

Greg Reyes as a Professional and Simple Person

My name is Craig and I am the President of jetForward Aviation, an aviation acquisition firm in San Jose, CA. I live in south San Jose with my wife of 22 years and our three children. I have known Greg Reyes since joining the Brocade Communications sales organization just over seven years ago. I am writing today in the hopes that my personal remarks might somehow be considered during Greg’s sentencing.

In the time that I have known Greg, I have always been impressed by his dedication and character, both as a professional and as a person. During my time at Brocade, it was Greg who provided the executive guidance and support so important to a growing young company. He was very close to our team in particular, providing Personal counsel based on a deep level of experience in the world of hi-tech sales. Though continually requested to speak at industry events and seminars, he was an extremely approachable man to all of us - never too busy for a one-on-one conversation or to offer professional coaching when asked. I remember numerous conversations with Greg – from recent sales activities to the status of personal friends of mine serving with our troops in the Gulf War. I recall how everyone in the company reacted to his leadership and compassion immediately following 9/11 – essentially putting a halt to all business until we had accounted for every employee and their family.

While his professional demeanor always impressed me, it has been his role as a family man that has stuck with me over time. Whether hosting his children during “bring your kid to work day” or support for his wife’s personal achievements, it was Clear he provided a very steady hand as father and husband. In witnessing how Greg carried himself I learned that executive leadership and family dedication are not mutually exclusive - in fact success in both comes from an extreme level of focus and discipline.

Not surprisingly, I have witnessed the past few months with a sense of astonishment and disbelief. I cannot begin to imagine the effect this has had on Greg’s family. The thought of this husband and father being sent to federal prison is beyond my comprehension. For an individual with so much to offer, who could provide so much in a society that is wanting in so many places, the idea of locking him up in a jail cell seems to only compound this tragic episode.

I continue to hope (and pray) that the Court will find a positive in all of this, Somehow allowing Greg to continue to provide his family the love and support they need while satisfying the requirements of the judicial process.

Gregory Reyes

No comments:

Post a Comment